Whether you’re attending an event in the Great Hall or in The Grand Theater, we welcome you to The Grand, your regional arts and entertainment complex. We at the Performing Arts Foundation (PAF) are here to make certain your experience is as enjoyable as possible. As you’re preparing to come to our performances, here are a few things that you should know. If you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions, please contact us!
The Grand Theater has implemented a security screening system for patrons attending events at The Grand. Our goal is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all. Bags and persons will be subject to search upon entry if the system detects a potential problem. Firearms or other weapons are prohibited. Learn more here.
Ticket Exchanges and Policies
• Please see details about ticket exchanges and policies here.
• Lost your tickets? No problem! Simply call The Grand Ticket Office.
• For out of state orders, tickets will be held at Will Call.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies
Patrons are no longer required to wear masks, as of March 15, 2022. Some individual performing companies may still require COVID-19 protocols for their audience, including masks. If this occurs, details will be posted on that event’s ticketing page of our website. Patrons who want to wear a mask are more than welcome to do so at any event at The Grand Theater.
By purchasing tickets, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending a performance at The Grand, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold The Performing Arts Foundation (The Grand Theater), the artists, the producers, or any of their affiliates, volunteers, employees, or contractors liable for any illness or injury.
• The main floor and the lower balcony, including the rest rooms, are handicapped accessible. Expanded wheelchair seating is available throughout the theater.
• The theater has an infrared hearing assistance program. Headsets are available from the The Grand House Manager.
• Visiting our Ticket Office? Please give us a call at 715-842-0988 when you arrive so we can direct you to our elevator.
Contract agreements with the artists generally prohibit the use of cameras, camcorders and other recording devices during a performance, unless special permission is obtained.
To ensure a distraction-free performance for both the artists and the audience, latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager.
• Family entertainment is a priority, but not all shows are appropriate for all ages. When evening events are considered to appeal primarily to an adult audience, the PAF discourages attendance by children.
• Municipal Fire Codes require ALL audience members (even those of lap-sitting size) to have a ticket.
The Performing Arts Foundation/Grand Theater prides itself on offering a diverse selection of arts and entertainment. Not all productions will appeal to or be appropriate for every person or for all ages. Patrons are encouraged to familiarize themselves with shows in order to make informed decisions prior to purchasing tickets.
Although every attempt is made to begin on time, the PAF reserves the right to delay the start of an event in order to respond to technical, weather, or other unforeseen situations.
Cancelled or Rescheduled Performance
In the event of a cancelled performance, the PAF will make every attempt to contact all ticket holders. Announcements will be distributed via direct email to ticket holders, and in some cases to local media and via Facebook. A rescheduled or comparable performance may be offered; however, refunds will be available to patrons who cannot take advantage of a substituted event. Because events may reschedule, dates and programs are subject to change.
For your convenience, our coat check is located in the Great Hall.
Contact The Grand Ticket Office during regular office hours to claim items lost in the theater.
Refreshments purchased in our facility are allowed inside The Grand Theater. You will find alcoholic and non-alcoholic options at the ArtsBar in the Great Hall, at the Historic Lobby bar of The Grand Theater, and at the mezzanine bar near balcony seating.
• Call the PAF at 715-842-0988 / 1-888-239-0421
• Fax us at 715-842-8715
• Stop by the Ticket Office at 401 N. Fourth Street, Downtown Wausau.